Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Injection Silicone Use (ISU)

It's been brought to my attention that recently a few people have saught medical treatment after injecting silicone at a pumping party in Detroit. The Detroit Free Press has a small article here--without much mention of the trans community. While I know that ISU is fairly common, I haven't seen or heard much about it in the past year.

Other media outlets have contacted Affirmations for a comment or input and I'll be giving an interview later this week.

A couple of people would like to organize a communtiy summitt to raise awarness and brainstorm ways to get this info out--using ways that make sense to people in our diverse communities. I'm hoping that this can lead into a larger and much needed conversation on access to appropriate trans health care.

No comments: